Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (82 Views)

ip settings

having nightmares with my ip address, it keeps changing,one minute ip address  ends in 02,then its 10 etc etc,connection is terrible,everyday i am having to reboot the thing due to connection problems,i have xbox connected wireless and printer connected wireless, this all started to happen when i changed my virgin media package,never had a problem before so why now ????? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4 (60 Views)

Re: ip settings

Hi leachy59,

Welcome to our forum, I'll do my best to help with this issue so thanks for coming here for help Smiley Happy

Your WAN IP has remained unchanged since the start of the month so it must be your LAN IP that is changing. This would most likely occur as a result of a connection drop and, testing your account, I can see your Hub is reporting a number of T1 timeouts for the past couple of days.

I can find no area outage to explain this so think it best to arrange for an engineer to take a look. Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll get an appointment scheduled in for you Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4 (57 Views)

leachy59,

If it is your internal LAN ip that keeps changing, then you should be able to stop it changing by using DHCP MAC Reservation

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 4 (36 Views)

Pardon lol
0 Kudos