Menu
wrightd29
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

internet dropouts

over the past few months i have exerienced repeated dropouts on my internet service via wi fi connectiion on every device i own ( 3 x mobile 2 tablets and 1 laptop) i got fed up of the telephone tests that  say my connection is good. i have been sent a new router and tobe honest this is 20 times worse than the old hub. i cant even get a relaible connection in the same room. i have been with virgin for approx 13 years at this address and never experienced any problems like this with my wi fo connection apart from the very occasional reboot /select different channel there doesnt appear to be any new wifi users in the immediate area which are showing on my devices.. customer services say that they only guarantee a wired connection.....like anyone rellay uses this anymore  and it will cost me £240 to cancel contract and just to add insult to injury have now cut me off twice after about 20 mins on hold .........anyone else having these problemsas of late virgin seems to be really poor

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: internet dropouts

Hi wrightd29, 

Thanks for letting me know about your issues with internet drop outs, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested the connection from here and I can see that your area cable's SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) levels are lower than preferred and are causing some troubles for the connection in your area, our engineers are working to resolve this as quickly as possible.

The work is scheduled to be reviewed around 15/03/17. Just post back here around that date and we'll gladly take a look at things for you.

I look forward to hearing from you, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Dabosaur
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: internet dropouts

Time to switch. Takes Virgin Media months, if not years to fix problems like these. Doesn't seem like they're paying their engineers enough.

0 Kudos