Menu
Iancjc
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

installation problem

Hi all

I was due to have fibre broadband installed on Wednesday but there was (is) a problem in the street piping which is blocked.  The guys were very nice , tried everything and then told me that someone would be in touch in 24 hours to let me know whats happening.

Heard nothing so called late thursday and was told I'd receive a call about it but needless to say nothing again?   

I'm in a cancellation period with BT inifinty at the moment but will need to stop that unless virgin get their finger out.

Wondered if anyone else had had this issue and how it was resolved and the time scale?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: installation problem

it will be resolved but it will take time - you need to know whats happening and dont wait for call backs they dont happen or rarely do - if the duct is blocked they will probably need council permission and permits to start digging holes - the permissions are going to take 6 weeks plus - they then have to plan the work so add more time

you need to drive it for information - staff here will get to the thread in a week or so and may have more info but things are not likely to move quickly

Tony
Iancjc
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony.

I finally managed to speak to to someone in construction and they said between 6 and 8 weeks. I've now got to cancel the cancellation with BT.

The thing that makes me laugh is that from the street manhole to entry point on house is 4 feet.

I'm in a village where they are installing fibre to the house and the street works were only done 18 months ago and there are so many problems, I know 2 others who have tried to get cable installed this month and both have the same issue as me, it appears that the team who did all the ground works left a lot of issues.
0 Kudos
Iancjc
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thought I'd bring this up - Virgin are the worst company I've ever had to deal with.

3 months and nothing but broken promises.

Despite me making  1 call a week to the pre-install "team" and the constant promises of a call back (had one once but only to say they would call back the following day.....which they didn't). I'm still no nearer getting the install done.  The green cross painted on the pavement outside my house (indicating where the ducting is blocked) is fading away.

I'm at loss as to what to do next?  

If anyone has any idea how to escalate this with someone who can do something I'd be very grateful.

Cheers

Ian

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ian, 

Thanks for your post and I'm really sorry to hear you feel this way Smiley Sad 

As you're having to come back to us, we're more than happy to chase this. 

In order to help I will need some information from you. I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos