Menu
rockette
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

how to run multiple smart TV@s on virgin router?

we have recently become the proud owners of not one but two smart Tvs. We want to connect these to our virgin router AND V+ box  (to watch in different rooms) as  we want to use them both to browse the web, stream online services and watch some of the Virgin TV channels and services. Not all at the same time obviously!  We have 80mb cable to the house.  How do we set this up?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: how to run multiple smart TV@s on virgin router?

Hi Rockette,

All you'd have to do to connect the smart TVs to the hub is either plug them in via ethernet or set them up to use the wireless by using the Wireless network name and passphrase. 

I'm not 100% sure if you're asking if you can connect both TVs to one V+ box or if you have two? 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Rockette,

All you'd have to do to connect the smart TVs to the hub is either plug them in via ethernet or set them up to use the wireless by using the Wireless network name and passphrase. 

I'm not 100% sure if you're asking if you can connect both TVs to one V+ box or if you have two? 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
terrybrown5
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Easy, go to pc world and buy a device called devolo dlan. This is a box thingy that you plug into your house power sockets making them your network. A dlan network. You first plug one into the house socket nearest to your router. Then connect an ethernet cable from it to a spare ethernet socket on your router, this makes your house ringmain live. Next take a second dlan box and plug it in any socket in your house (not an extension lead) this allows you an outlet. Plug an ethernet cable from the 2nd dlan box into your smart TV and set it up as per instructions for your TV. This sorts one TV. If you have more tvs you will need one dlan per TV. Some dlan boxes have a WiFi transmitter built in giving you better WiFi in other rooms. So you could connect the tvs via WiFi but it will be slower and less reliable.
The dlans are all secured with passwords you set up as you install them so are safe, no one can access them from next door for example. They have very fast speeds as well, 500mb. You can connect pcs, music devices etc via them as long as they have ethernet or WiFi. Best bit of kit I've bought.
One tip, there's a few different manufacturers, don't mix them as they're not all intercompatible, i'd recommend DEVOLO They do start up packs with multiple dlans in the package which works out cheaper
HTH Terry
0 Kudos