Menu
rebeccataylor
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

how do i disable advance network search?

I am having difficulty accessing my network folders when working from home. it has been suggested that i need to disable the advance network search function through virgin media as it has been possible to connect via using a mobile as a hot spot. Any ideas on how i would do this?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: how do i disable advance network search?

when you say network folders, I assume you mean some folders on the cloud as apposed to shared folders on your home network.

How are you actually accessing this folders, is it through a web browser, or via a vpn, or using some other type of cloud interface.

Also what difficulties are you having accessing them?

I'm pretty sure advance network search doesn't have anything to do with this, but as  I don't know how your trying to connect to the network folders I could be wrong. however if you want to disable it this link may help

https://my.virginmedia.com/advancederrorsearch/settings

0 Kudos
rebeccataylor
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thank you for the response. The folders are one that i would normally access on our work network and i am attempting to access via our secure VPN. when i attempt to access it just says it can't find the network path. i know it can work as colleagues are all able to do this when working from home and our IT team think it might be down to the settings with Virgin media. We were able to access them for example when using the mobile as a hot spot.

I did try the link but keep getting an error message- possibly to do with a broad band strength issue.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Are you actually getting a vpn connection.

you may want to look at this

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/Hub-3-0-and-VPN/td-p/3007573

I use my own router so haven't experienced this.

0 Kudos