Menu
So1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

how can a hub 3.0 be ordered without a phone?

I have tried ordering the hub 3.0 on the webpage but it is not accepted because I don't have a mobile phone number - I don't make calls and I am seldom out so I have no need for one.  There is no email address or postal address for me to write to.  Can anyone advise.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: how can a hub 3.0 be ordered without a phone?

hiya @So1 you could try and use the online chat via http://contact.virginmedia.com (using PC/laptop), i think the mobile number is for tracking details, or could try entering 8 0's for mobile number.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
So1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply PaulTechy, I had tried the all 0s but it didn't work.  I'll have another try on webchat.

Cheers

0 Kudos
So1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A friend rang the helpline and got a helpful assistant who is sending one by post, but it ought to have been possible for me to do it myself through the website.  Yodel want to have a number to text just before they are due to arrive, which may be helpful in freeing people to do other things than watching for the delivery, but this should not be compulsory.  I don't miss deliveries that are coming on a particular day.  Not everyone has a mobile phone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi So1, 

Thanks for your post. I have already replied to your post here: Ordering Hub 3 without a mobile phone

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
So1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, Kath.

The reason it is on two boards is because the first time I tried I couldn't get to an appropriate board so I had to choose the nearest topic to appropriate. After no replies I was then able to get to a more appropriate board and so posted again and did get a response.  Some boards are not of interest to the people who might have a suggestion.  I do know that double posting is not normally approved of for obvious reasons.  I have updated my post but I cannot tell on which board as I cannot see the other responses.

0 Kudos