Menu
Will4
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

forgotten settings password for Virgin Hub 3.0

Hello,

I have forgotten the password for my Virgin Hub 3.0.

I cannot remember if I did change it and have tried that printed on the bottom of the bos (not the wifi password).

I have tried to hold down the reset button for approx. one minute in an attempt to perform a hard reset but that has not really done anything.

Please can anyone suggest how I reset this?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: forgotten settings password for Virgin Hub 3.0

Assuming its been factory  reset, you need details on the bottom sticker, NOT the pull out tab (Which is WiFi details)

0 Kudos
Will4
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Kippies.

Apologies for not been clear on my original message; I had meant the sticker on the bottom of the box and was referring to the settings password and not the WiFi details.

Do you have any further suggestions?

0 Kudos
Will4
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

After speaking to a very helpful Customer support representative I managed to sort out this issue.

As I was not able to find this information after searching extensively for it, to help others with a similiar issue, this is what I did:

Hold down the reset button for a good thirty seconds on the Hub 3.0.

Wait for at least 10 minutes whilst the Hub 3.0 restarted (this is where I went wrong and did not give it a chance....)

Then login (192.168.0.1) using the settings password on the bottom of the hub (should see a screen to select language)