Menu
Ain2001
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

disconnected

Hi,

On Saturday 25th, around lunch time I am cut off from the all broadband and TV. After call and many complaints I am told the only day an engineer that can come see me is a week later on the 4th March (which leads to another questions, I will come to at the end).

So the nice chap arrives today, does his usual check and says nothing coming through so has to visit the box. At which point I tell him my new neighbours have just had the virgin installed (from the white van outside the week before), it just happens that my system goes down soon thereafter.

He comes back in and confirms my theory. My line was disconnected in favour of the new instalment last week.I was brutally the victim to be disconnected. Wow, what customer service!

Is this how Virgin engineers work? Just because I wasnt at home and so not using the line the engineer found it in him to disconnect me and walk away.

So my questions to the wider community...

1) Do engineers really just disconnect someone and walk away?

2) Why arent there enough ports in the street terminal boxes, that they need to disconnect homes or need to apply splitters? cant these boxes be upgraded or expanded to support more homes with out sacrificing peoples connectivity?

3) Why would people be paying £70+ for a service only to be connected through a splitter effectively limiting their service?

4) Why is there such a lack of engineers, that one has to wait a whole week for any service?

5) how do I officially complain to Virgin about being left stranded?

6) Is it worth complaining to ofcom (or what ever the regulator is called)?

Any help or thoughts will be great full.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: disconnected

1) Do engineers really just disconnect someone and walk away?

If you able was not labeled correctly it would of been seen as a old unused cable.

2) Why arent there enough ports in the street terminal boxes, that they need to disconnect homes or need to apply splitters? cant these boxes be upgraded or expanded to support more homes with out sacrificing peoples connectivity?

Upgrading the boxes is not as simple as replace some parts. The distance from the box to people means you have to be on the correct tap. Maybe the box has loads of free connections but not on the right tap level. 

3) Why would people be paying £70+ for a service only to be connected through a splitter effectively limiting their service?

Spitters do not limit service. All the green box is is a big splitter. One line goes into the green box. Spits and goes out to the homes.

4) Why is there such a lack of engineers, that one has to wait a whole week for any service?

Engineers are busy. They can only do jobs they are booked in for. If there is always free engineers you are paying vm to have peeople sitting on there ass.

5) how do I officially complain to Virgin about being left stranded?

Call in and tell the operator you want to open a complaint. They will log this and start the process.

6) Is it worth complaining to ofcom (or what ever the regulator is called)?

No. Ofcom do not deal with user complaints.

0 Kudos