Menu
chrisyar
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

can anyone from virgin explain this not so superhub 3 disaster

Since last sunday all my wireless devices have not been working properly particularly tablets,  phones and wireless speakers. I had phoned up every day and spoke to someone who went through the usual routine of telling me it isnt the kit its just the channel needs changing, no it just needs resetting due to the current state of the network, no  its obviously your devices are not set right, reboot required as its not the same as resetting. Finally you agreed to send an engineer round as i was sure there was a problem maybe a loose connection he turned up told us its probably because there is a fish tank in the same room as your router and we are not in the same room as the router!!!! Swaped it tested it on his own device and left. **bleep**!

All i have had from virgin is lies! because i went round to my parents house who have the SH2 (i think) and all my devices work fine! So what did i do i put you crapy router into modem mode bought a wireless router and guess what everything works. The truth is there is a problem you are not telling us because the fact is i havent had the 200mbps you promised me since the day you installed it and a lot of over people are struggling.

So whats going on? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: can anyone from virgin explain this not so superhub 3 disaster

Hello chrisyar,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with the wireless performance from your Hub, I appreciate this is frustrating.

I've checked your connection and I don't see any network related faults, so I do believe this is a problem cause by wireless interference. Wi-Fi does have limitations, I have to use wireless repeaters in my house as it's a very old and oddly laid out property with areas where the wireless just didn't reach. I am pleased that a 3rd party router has improved the performance for you.

Thanks again for posting.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
chrisyar
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

All devices show full signal i can even be right next to the router and the internet disconnects
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello chrisyar

I am sorry you are still having problems, the hub and line are looking stable, area performing well. If you are having problems with wireless on your new router as well as the new hub then as Heather mentioned it may well be local interference. We have a guide here that may help Getting the best WiFi Signal

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos