Menu
andrewpf
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

broadband al2

Hi , new to thisand was wondering if anyone else is having problems in the al2 area. It has been really bad for a couple of weeks now on and off.

andy.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: broadband al2

Hi Andrew,

If you type in 192.168.100.1 in the address bar and sign in, you should be able to turn the router back into router mode.

Try this and let me know if it works.

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are having issues with your broadband connection.

Are you able to elaborate further on the issue please? Does the broadband disconnect or are you experiencing slow speeds? 

I would like to take a look at your connection for any issues, however I was unable to locate your account. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the quick reply and confirming your details, I appreciate it.

You mentioned that the 5 GHz network is not working. Do your devices see the network and are able to connect? Do you get any error messages? I can see that 2 devices are currently connected, are these working ok? 

Have you tried to change the wireless channel at all to see if that will help?

Speak soon

Sam

0 Kudos
andrewpf
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, you can see the 5g all the time but it only works intermittently sometimes it won't even connect. I have checked for other devices on the same channel and there is nothing else on it. Over the last few weeks we have been getting wifi speeds of 4 meg on a regular basis.

Andy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey,

Is that speed just on the 5 GHz or does this happen on the 2.4 GHz also? If this happens just on the 5 GHz, disable the 2.4 Ghz (just for testing) then complete a speed test to see if there is a difference? Are your wired speeds ok? 

You can try a factory reset of the Super Hub ( be mindful that any saved settings will revert to default), then rename the networks to something completely different from each other including the password to see if that helps.

Speak soon

Sam

0 Kudos
andrewpf
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi , it happens on both networks, i have just checked again and the 5g is just over 3 meg and the 2g is 1.8 meg and wired is 74 meg.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi andrewpf,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Did you manage to try renaming the networks to see if that helped at all?

Can you try another speed test through a wired connection and whilst the Super Hub is in modem mode please?

Are you testing at just evening times or can it be any time of the day?

Speak soon

Sam

0 Kudos
andrewpf
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam I have just switched to modem mode and got speeds of 2,4 and 8 meg .now I can't get into the super hub settings to switch it back to router mode.

Andrew
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Andrew,

If you type in 192.168.100.1 in the address bar and sign in, you should be able to turn the router back into router mode.

Try this and let me know if it works.

Sam

0 Kudos
andrewpf
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi sam, I didn't realise the router address changed when in modem mode but have been on the phone and spoke to paul who tells me that there is a problem in this area that virgin have been aware of since September and are hoping to have fixed by 7th December, (I'm surprised its not been mentioned on here earlier ). He took remote control of my laptop and done some speed tests etc and he thinks that is the problem but is sending a new hub to try in the meantime.

Thanks for your help

andrew

0 Kudos