Menu
brian54
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

activation of broadband

I am a new customer have equipment installed can only get wifi on for two days trying to get this sorted. The long and short of it is i am wasting my time. The broadband is unusable and virgin cannot supply this as per their contact. I have been told by an installer that this will not be sorted until the end of the month and it may take longer. This was confirmed by telephone this morning.

I have carried out tests as advised by virgin and they know this will not be sorted this week. Why can you not be honest with your customers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: activation of broadband

Hi brian54,

Welcome to our Community and thanks for coming to us for help. I'm confident we can sort this out for you.

The fault that you were advised about, though affecting your CMTS (cable modem termination station) is not affecting your cable. I've tested your connection and there are no upstream errors or issues with SNR.

Your Hub is reporting as being online so I'd just like to clarify something if that's OK:

When you say that you can 'only get wifi on for two days' do you mean that your Internet is working (via Ethernet) but you are having difficulty with wireless connections? Or are you not able to get any Internet connection at all?

Please provide as much information as you can so I can help with this Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
brian54
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all your help. No broadband down again given todays date when it will be up and running probably up in another 7 days. What am I paying for certainly not broadband. Look i need to get out of this before I am committed to a 1 year contract. Broadband that's not dependable is worse than no broadband at all. I dont need this hassle
0 Kudos
brian54
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Now told the problems fixed still no broadband posting from a Windows phone
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

if you want to cancel you have 14 days from the install date so do the maths - after that you are pretty much locked into your contract

so if you are within the 14 days and want to leave

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
brian54
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

broadband went off at 9.20 am yesterday and partial service was resumed at 16.00 the full service came back at 18.30 this was yesterday. You managed to ascertain that there was nothing wrong with my broadband yesterday. Your service side sent me emails to say when the service was comming back on and there was no broadband at all here but your checks have revealed that there was broadband. There,s something not right, even when the broadband is down and virgin services have sent me an email to say its down you can check and say its fine, maybe you should direct your answers at the service team. I have been asked to pull leads in and out read stuff on the site this does not make any difference if the service is down.

0 Kudos
brian54
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The service was running on wifi only the Ethernet service came back around 10.00. If someone asks me again to check the cables I will go mad. Its a bit like buying an electrical piece of equipment and complaining that it does not work because theres no electricity. It does not matter how many modifications you do to the broadband equipment if there is no broadband connection it does not work.

All I want is reliable broadband not hassle

0 Kudos