Menu
saigonij
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

activation and green flashing light

I'm so cross and dissapointed in VM. New customer, new modem delivered friday. Activated, called three times re green flashing light. Keep getting wait 20 mins and re boot. Tried again now and so angry.
I had a vm tech guy in on last thursday to install the phone bit he refused to setup the superhub3..... Got to wait until Thursday - 1 week away until an engineer comes out. This is pathetic. Im so cross.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
saigonij
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: activation and green flashing light

well turns out i fixed it myself....

i decided to open the box outside on the wall as there were 3 cables running around the house to various bedrooms/kitchen. I wondered if they were causing issues so opened the box with the intension of removing them...

low and behold.... the cable coming out of the ground WAS NOT CONNECTED TO ANYTHING....

the cable entering the house, which i thought was live, turns out simple connected to one of the extensions that ran round to the kitchen, so the hub was connected to NOTHING.

so bear in mind that 4 customer services reps all said "yes, i can see the router on our network its just not activating yet" seems to be 100% lies.

Someone from Virgin Media - please tell my why i was lied to - repeatedly.....

0 Kudos

All Replies
saigonij
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: activation and green flashing light

well turns out i fixed it myself....

i decided to open the box outside on the wall as there were 3 cables running around the house to various bedrooms/kitchen. I wondered if they were causing issues so opened the box with the intension of removing them...

low and behold.... the cable coming out of the ground WAS NOT CONNECTED TO ANYTHING....

the cable entering the house, which i thought was live, turns out simple connected to one of the extensions that ran round to the kitchen, so the hub was connected to NOTHING.

so bear in mind that 4 customer services reps all said "yes, i can see the router on our network its just not activating yet" seems to be 100% lies.

Someone from Virgin Media - please tell my why i was lied to - repeatedly.....

0 Kudos