Menu
grjb
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yodel - Why do you insist on using them?

Great initial customer response when using package.

Agreed contract and delivery booked in for Monday 27th - apparently I wasn't in at the delivery time (anytime between 9am and 9pm!).

Spoke to customer service who said they would arrange for it to be redelivered. Booked day off work on the Tuesday, no sign of any delivery.

5 days later, call Virgin and ask for help. Apparently I "refused" the delivery on Tuesday (why the hell I would do this I don't know!).

Yodel have no customer service at all, automated phone number but can never get a tracking number. And apparently as the delivery was refused on Tuesday, they won't try to re-deliver!

So after a week of signing up, no broadband router in place. And then to make matters worse I have to cancel that order and go through the whole ordering process again.....which is likely to repeat as I can't keep booking days off work on the off chance of waiting for a delivery that never shows....

Why do Virgin insist on using Yodel, when they seem to generate nothing but complaints?

jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yodel - Why do you insist on using them?

Why would you take a whole day off to sit in for a delivery, why not make it a day your in anyway or collect from the depot?

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

jb66 wrote:

Why would you take a whole day off to sit in for a delivery, why not make it a day your in anyway or collect from the depot?

Yodel don't work this way.  The package is either chucked over a neighbour's hedge or left in a dustbin.  If you go to the local depot they will say they can't find it and insist it has already been delivered.   One dysfunctional company supporting another.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The REAL reason VM use Yodel is obvious, Yodel are the only company actually WORSE than VM ,

therefore using them makes VM look good (if that's at all possible!!)...Smiley Tongue

(Even Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask when he robbed people)

grjb
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not quite how it works! I was out, but you'd never know they'd been - no card or note. And then the next day (when I was in) no buzzer, nothing - when you chase up apparently I refused the delivery?!?! Why the hell would I refuse a delivery of something I'm waiting for.......
0 Kudos