Menu
AaronSmith89
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Worst customer support ever ?

I have just moved into a flat and on the first day I went into the virgin store to set up my TV and broadband. I went for the Vivid Gamer 200 package which is one of the most expensive packages. The account needed a way leave form which was a hassle to sort out but I was told it would be sorted in a day by the agent, I was also told(5 days later) that the installation could be up to 10 days. It is now 10 days since I set it up and I have been told the installation date is 15 days from now ... Thats 25 days to set up a connection, it's unacceptable. I work from home and I need the Internet, the agent did not tell me any of this when I signed up. I am now possibly going to lose a month of income. On top of all of this I am pretty sure it's already connected as there is already a Virgin media box on the wall and every other flat in this house has virgin media but despite this they insist on an engineer coming round. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with and now after learning of the installation date I may have to cancel it and start over with another ISP. If anyone is reading this please steer clear of Virgin, I have never dealt with a company this bad. If anyone knows how I can either get a sooner installation date or convince them to just give me the box and router I am all ears.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Worst customer support ever ?

takes VM a week or so to get to threads and not sure they are going to be able to help

if the VM points are there it might be worth ringing and pushing for a self install - not sure who is best to talk to - as a customer [sort of] start with retentions - that can do most things or put you in touch with the right people

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Worst customer support ever ?

Hi AaronSmith89,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here even if your journey has been less than perfect so far. 

Whenever Way leave permission is needed, we're not able to say how long it will take to receive that back as it's out of our control. It's down to the control of the person we need the permission from and this can sometimes take longer than we expect. 

I am sorry that your installation was delayed but I'm sure the time will fly and you'll be all up and running shortly. 

With regards to getting a self install instead, the Gamer package requires you to have a Hub 3.0. This means it will need to be installed by an engineer so they can ensure that all power levels are where they need to be. 

Let us know how the installation goes and if there is anything else I can do to help.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos