Menu
Leroyuk1983
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi Dropping Out in TS10 Area

Since this morning my MacBook Air has been dropping wifi after 5 minutes or so, I manually reconnect and it drops again.

My iPhone and iPad seem ok, all are connected at 5ghz.

The VM service status has an issue in my area that says it should be resolved by 11:30 tonight, it's just strange how it's only affecting my MacBook.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi Dropping Out in TS10 Area

Hi Leroyuk1983, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see that you have been having trouble with the connection to your MacBook. 

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. I can see there was an issue with My Virgin Media around the time you posted but that should not have affected the connection to any of your devices. 

Give Getting the best WiFi Signal a try and let us know how you get on. 

Do you find it works better on 2.4Ghz?

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Leroyuk1983
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma

I have already changed all my devices to 2g, but still facing the same issues.

There's a lot of other people in the forums facing similar issues, this started occurring weeks funnily enough around the time I give my 30 days notice, at first I thought you had cut my services early it got that bad.

No settings were changed on any of my devices so I think it's definitely something on the VM side.

Thanks
Lee
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Lee,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Apologies again for the connection problems. I have to admit I do believe the link with when you submitted your disconnection request, is purely coincidence. Wireless interference can be caused by devices around the home such a baby monitors, which is why changing your wireless channel can help. You might need to do this a few times to find the best channel for your environment.

Hope this helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos