Menu
AdrianG66
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why is my SuperHUB Wifi so poor in the last week?

We've had the SuperHub for about a year and I have to say the experience has been rubbish. It is the worst piece of enforced provider kit I've had the misfortune to use. It eventually seemed to settle down into constant service, but at speeds about 1/4 of anything ever advertised or advised that was ACTUALLY possible not just the complete rubbish they mislead you with on the adverts.

I get 10Mbps on a good day and maybe 19 / 25 if I'm lucky on a burst of data.

My real issue is the WiFi built into the hub is totally useless. It drops out, it disappears, it restarts and also doesn't recognise your device when you reconnect. I have to forget the network and then reconnect it all the time. And this is accross Windows 7 & 10, IPads, iPods, iPhone, Android and PlayStations.

This week the service disappeared then came back then nothing could connect to the hub. Finally it appeared to restart but now after having to reset all the devices in the house my son's PlayStation will not connect. I am totally fed up as I never got a problem with the old equipment but this latest version is just utter rubbish.

So the question - How long will it take for a new SuperHub to be sent out to replace this naff piece of equipment I have?

0 Kudos
AdrianG66
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is my SuperHUB Wifi so poor in the last week?

I should add I'm an IT professional and fairly literate and able in pulling network equipment apart and changing settings to make things work!

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

To be honest with you, I would be heading for putting the hub into modem mode and getting yourself a decent router, it will pay off in the end improve your wifi (depending on the one you choose) and give you a lot more customisable features, it sound like your area has contention being as you are not getting the speeds you expect, have you ever tested them with a wired connection?
AdrianG66
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I considered that, I was hoping there would be some magic option in the advanced settings I'd overlooked... I still have the old VM standalone router which never have me any issues so I might give that a go. It just means have another adapter plugged in the wall and another box. It just irks me considering how much a month I pay and all the adverts that say how easy it is to set up!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your post AdrianG66,

Apologies for the connection fault experienced.

I've located your account and I am unable to detect any issues via the equipment levels or network segment at present.

I would, however, suggest changing your wireless channels to help improve this type of connection.

Let me know if I can assist with anything more,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos