Menu
SueA1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why can't I connect my iPad to my TiVo box?

When I try to watch tv anywhere I am often told that I need to connect to my TiVo box. When I click on connect nothing happens. Do I have to do something else ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't I connect my iPad to my TiVo box?

Hi SueA1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your iPad and TiVo® connecting to each other. 

There are certain features, such as using the device as a remote control, that can only be used if you have your device connected to the same network as your TiVo®. For this to happen, you need to connect the TiVo® to your hub via an ethernet cable. 

Once you've done this, reboot things in this order:

> Firstly turn the Hub and the TiVo® off by the mains and leave off for around 5 minutes. 

> Turn on the Superhub and allow time for it to be completely online. 

> Next power up the TiVo® and wait until you can navigate between menus without any hesitations.

This should allow the connection to be made. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
IlkestonSteve
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm also having this problem. However I had been able to use my iPad as a remote. 

I only had  my superhub 3 and V6 installed on Saturday. The hub is in the back room (out of the baby's way and connected to an old computer that doesn't have built in wifi), the V6 in the front. When the engineer connected the hub I asked if it needed to be connected via Ethernet and he said it would be better but not necessary.

Do I have to have the hub connected to V6 to watch recorded shows on the iPad?

Edit: looks like I need a power line kit or wireless adaptor?

A maybe connected question. Since having this set up the mobiles and iPads in the house have two new wifi options added. The Hub is one and there's another called VIrgin Media. When I select this I'm asked for a username and password. Any idea what this is about?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi IlkestonSteve,

The technician was right, the V6 box doesn't need to be connected by an Ethernet cable but is a lot more reliable than WiFi. Also, the hub will need to be connected to the V6 to watch recorded shows.

If you're experiencing trouble with this while the box is connected via WiFi, you can try using Powerline adapters for a more reliable connection.

I don't quite know what the Virgin Media connection you're selecting is. I would stick to connecting to the regular hub SSID for now.

Check out this article for more information on TV Anywhere, Streaming and Downloading Recordings.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos