Menu
user1967
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why Total Loss Of Service?

Hello
We have been without broadband and TV since 10am ish Wed 29th March. It is now 5pm 1 April. Despite endless calls no progress has been made.

What is so frustrating is that the online service status details no problem. Also despite registering for updates via text no messages are received.

Call centre operatives spoken to seem just as fed up as I am and so unprofessional.

All operatives have said that there is an a priority 4 issue beyond control (a Virgin engineer I met in the road during the week mentioned something similar and said it was complicated!) and latest fix is now 6pm April 5th!!!

I appreciate there are more important things to worry about in life but the monthly costs keep increasing and the service decreases. Our connection seems to go down 3 or 4 times a month.

My family is getting totally fed up.

I can't seem to speak to anybody who will take ownership of the issue and keep me informed with progress. Requests for a senior manager to call me have fallen on deaf ears. That is probably the most frustrating aspect of this saga.

The last operator I spoke to completed a formal complaint form on my behalf although I doubt whether this will help anybody or do any good.

I was held in a queue yesterday for over 23 minutes before I actually spoke to somebody. It can't keep going on like this.

Help. Thank you.
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why Total Loss Of Service?

I would hope that now you have submitted a formal complaint this will be dealt with by a dedicated team who will take ownership of your issue and keep you updated with progress.

Someone from Virgin Media may respond to your post with further details, or it may be that now a formal complaint has been submitted you need to wait that out.  Hopefully your services will be back up and running very soon (fingers crossed).

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You will be able to claim for any loss of service in excess of 24 hours when the service returns, so don't forget to ring up & claim.

As for the issue I would speculate there may be access problem stopping repairs. It may be that a road needs digging up & the local authority will not issue a permit immediately.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

user1967
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My complaint seemingly has been verbally resolved by a 'Manager' calling me today and saying that there is nothing that she can do with the dispicable service that I received last night nor can she provide with me with any news or update as to what problem is or when service will resume. Terrific. Thank you for your help though. Where are my playing cards? Who needs TV and broadband?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi user1967, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see that you have been having trouble with your connection and also with the information you were given at the call centre. 

I have taken a look and it seems there were a couple of things going on. The Engineers have fitted new filters at the exchange and also a power supply has also been replaced at the exchange so hopefully you should not see any more issues. 

I have taken a look at your connection and things seem to be ok from this side currently. 

If you do need us to take a further look in future we will be more than happy to take a look for you. Did the Manager you spoke to help to get everything resolved? 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos