Menu
andyw39
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

White cable

Hi, I want to move my tivo box to another place, white cable to too sort, so on to help desk and quoted me £99 for an engineer to come round. Don't want to use fleabay but not paying that kind of price for a £3 item. Suggestions on best sensibly priced one would be appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: White cable

its said to be special to VM - triple shielded or whatever - its certainly not the standard coax sold by the sheds or ebay - there is some on amazon that says its ok for VM but the choice and risk is up to you

Tony
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

or leave tivo where it is - buy 10meter+ HDMI to where you now want the TV... job done

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

its said to be special to VM - triple shielded or whatever - its certainly not the standard coax sold by the sheds or ebay - there is some on amazon that says its ok for VM but the choice and risk is up to you

Tony
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

or leave tivo where it is - buy 10meter+ HDMI to where you now want the TV... job done

0 Kudos
andyw39
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

good point, never give that a thought, they say its the obvious things you miss. thanks loads
0 Kudos
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andyw39,

I recently renovated my house and ran 2x about 12m or RG6 cables under the floorboards, had Virgin come and install their kit and the engineer put his meter on the end of it and found the signal was perfect so he went ahead and terminated the cable i had installed and hooked it up to the modem and TV6 box and had no issues at all and it's been running perfect for over 4 months now.

The RG6 cable i got was from Screwfix and the terminals are just the same as the Sky screw on F terminals, although Virgin use their own clam down terminals to terminate the cable it's just the same really, if your only doing 10m then i would imagine this would be fine.

0 Kudos