Menu
Rodneya
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

When will I get a service.

After waiting years I finally got the news that my area will be getting virgin media. I watched the contractors dig up the area then install the trunckting, a few week later another team arrived and cables up,the street and connected all the cabinets together. They told me it will take a week or so for the system to update to allow me to place an order. 

I then placed an order for 200mb and had an installation date of Tuesday the 22nd   The engineer turned up and wired up my home but told me another engineer would have to come down to activate the cabinet since I was the first person getting connected and they would be with in in 1 -2 hours.

As you can guess nobody turned up and after waiting on hold and getting throw from advisor to advisor I was told that my cabinet was a non commissioned cabinet and they had no idea when they could provide a service and it may take 1 month, 6 months or even a year?

I find this very hard to believe that nobody knows when you can provide a service nor why you would even let me order  

0 Kudos
BridgesLeeds
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: When will I get a service.

I've been having trouble getting connected... currently 10 weeks passed. From the info I've had to pull from a number of teams, the cabinet and plant team subcontractors were binned during September and the new team are now dealing with weeks of backlogged work. Won't provide a time to do any works but may be worth you contacting the Virgin Media Construction on 0345 045 0595 (if you haven't already) to chase
Appalling there was no contingency in place during the switchover of contractors and no communication to those waiting on install
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: When will I get a service.

Hi Rodneya

I appreciate you getting in touch with us on the forums and thank you for dropping by with your post about the service. I appreciate you joining the forums too and welcome to the community!

I'd like to take a further look into this for you to see what the hold-up is and if you can please get back to me and let me know the details I need on the pm I'm sending to you, that would be great Smiley Happy

You can find this in the envelope next to your forum name on the right.

Hope to speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos