Menu
herindoors
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

When to phone automated Hub 3.0. activation number?

Hello,

This is a basic question about when to phone the activation tel. no. to set up the Hub 3.0. I'm currently using what I think is known as a 'legacy modem' with a NETGEAR router - I know, I know. As I understand it, you phone for activation with the old equipment still connected?

Could forum members please confirm this is correct? It seems counter intuitive to initiate connection with old kit still attached.

Also, the mention of calling the automated line in the next 7 days on the cover of the set up booklet? 7 days from when? Delivery of hub? I've had the hub 5 days and was planning to install sometime next week when I have some proper free time. Is this too late?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
AntoniJ1975
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: When to phone automated Hub 3.0. activation number?

You phone the activation line before you setup your new gear. I did it with my old gear still connected.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: When to phone automated Hub 3.0. activation number?

Hi herindoors,

AntoniJ1975 has answered your question correctly - you connect your new Hub after you call in.

That information should be on the instruction sheet included with the new equipment but has been known to have been left out, so apologies if that happened to you.

There shouldn't be a problem with activating the Hub after 7 days, though perhaps this affects the automated activation process? I shall try to find out.

Worst case scenario - if you are unable to get your Hub auto-activated you can ask for this to be done manually.

Keep us updated on how things have been. If you require our intervention we'll be happy to help Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos