Menu
ahmedsami
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When my Installation will be done

I was moving my house so I went to Virgin media local store back in December. They took my postcode and confirmed that there is an active line in my new property. They told me that your installation will be done by 24th of December. When I moved my house I got a letter saying that your installation will be done by 05th of January due to busy Christmas time. On 4th of January I received a call from them saying that due to cabelling issue, the installation is further delayed. Waited couple of weeks more then VM told me that their way leave department is trying to get permission from local council. I contacted local council they told me there was no such request from VM. I contacted VM again, they told me it wasn't council they were trying to get permission from one of the freeholder in my street and they are continuously sending them letter to get permission. I contacted that freeholder, he told me he received no letter from VM. I phoned them back this time they said, sorry it was another freeholder from which they are trying to get permission. I contacted that freeholder and he told me that he already informed VM as they have done some damage to his property and not compensating him , he will not give them permission until his compensation is paid (which according to him was in dispute for last 05 years). I told this to VM, they assured me that they will sort this out with freeholder and will do my installation asap. After two weeks I phoned VM, they told me their way leave department sent another letter to freeholder to get permission and waiting for reply. I asked free holder he told me that they never gave him compensation , nor replying his calls so he is not giving them any permission.
Its mid February and they are unable to install . I wasted my couple of months and spent fortunes on pay as you go dongle for my broadband. Now, construction team is saying, keep on waiting unless the freeholder gives us permission to wayleave, which is a big joke!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: When my Installation will be done

Hi ahmedsami,

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post. I can only apologise that you've had a less than perfect journey since joining so far. Smiley Sad

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

Even though progress may seem slow to you, at this end there would have been multiple plans put in place. We'll need to create a plan for costs and submit this. After this has been approved, we then need to get the relevant permits from local councils. If these fail, we need to go back to the drawing board and try again. Finally if you don't own the land or property then we need wayleave permission. 

I understand it's frustrating however we're not able to give an exact time frame. As soon as Wayleave is granted we'll have a better idea. For an update on this, feel free to come back to us or speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Apologies again,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ahmedsami
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi.. it's absolutely incompetent service by virgin media... it's been three months now and I have been asked to wait further. I asked your Pre installation team for the refund and I have been told that someone will call me back which never happened.. the worst company I have ever seen!!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ahmedsami

I am incredibly sorry about the delays to your connection and apologise for the concerns this has caused to you.

I can see you have called in earlier on today and spoken to our Pre Install teams about this.

Let us know if you need us to sport you in any further way. We're here to help.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos