Menu
nloom
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

What's happening with my install?

Signed up in December for Vivid 100. Installation set for 9th Feb. Installation cancelled one week beforehand and told there will be a delay as permission will need to be obtained to lay cable as it's a private road. Was given misinformation over the phone (regarding staying with Sky and Virgin buying out the contract when ready) which was then contradicted by the second customer services rep I spoke to. Second rep not interested in the fact I had been given the wrong info the first time and sounded bored at having to speak to me. Neither people I spoke to sounded in any way happy to help despite my patience with the situation. I was told I would get an update within 5 days. That time limit has long past with no word. I phoned today to get an update but gave up after 20 minutes on hold. Not a great start is it?!

Could I please get an accurate update on my install?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: What's happening with my install?

Looks like you have walked into a minefield here:

1) I have never known VM to "buy" people out of contracts. That tactic has been employed by Sky, but I don't think any other telcos ever have as its an extremely expensive practice..

2) VM infrastructure is only usually installed in adopted roads, plus private roads that have been canvassed at the time the adopted roads are being done. Are there any VM customers in your private road already? If there aren't its unlikely you will get an install in the near future.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
nloom
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: What's happening with my install?

My thoughts exactly. Not sure if the neighbours have VM, but I doubt it. They all seem to have Sky dishes. Just a definitive answer from VM would be nice. Plus some certainty that what their staff tell me is actually the truth. I was with them a few years back and all was peachy until I lost service completely. Took me an age to get them to admit they couldn't fix it within my lifespan and that they'd have to let me out of my contract. I had hoped that was a one off. It seems not. It's a shame that such a great product is not always backed up by equally good service.

0 Kudos