Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2 (65 Views)

What's going on?

So I signed up online because I saw you finally have the non traffic managed gaming bundle (you finally own up to using traffic management after previous years of being told you don't)

Sign up went through even said it was doing a credit check then and there and said was fine.

I chose Friday for delivery day, made sure someone would be home all day (at no part does it say further checks are needed)

Email came saying welcome aboard and does warn IF there is an issue with your delivery day we will contact you in the next 48 hours. (I signed up early in the day)
I even had a guy from VM call me as he thought I had abandoned the order so I assured him it's all gone through as I have an order number.

Today over 24 hours later I get an email saying your carrying out a credit check which will only take a couple of days!
So that leaves my successful order null and void? The credit check you apparently already did was not enough? And I've arranged someone to be home Friday when it might not even happen resulting in a loss of wages!

It don't take a couple of days to run a credit check it takes minutes! It also takes us into the possible delivery day so I guess that's not happening either?

Guessing you don't want our custom?
Someone best call me tomorrow to sort this or il take both contradicting emails to ofcom.

I can see this being a big mistake trusting you as a company once again!
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 2 (31 Views)

Re: What's going on?

So seems I now know whats going on!!!

I get a call yesterday to tell me there is 2 outstanding debts on my account, I have only ever been with VM once before. 

One of the addresses is in Belfast! I have never been to Ireland but my name is an Irish name as my family on my dads side fled Ireland some years before my dad was born.  I told the guy this and he straight away tells me I am a victim of fraud and identity theft and to call experian and the police. He told me he would email me the address and details and he never did!

So at just after 5pm 2 hours after the call to me I call back to chase up these details she emails me the information then puts me through to resolutions who again tell me to call fraud team but between 8 and 5 the next day, police and experian.

Ok so I called experian who told me there is no associated address in Belfast on my file so there is nothing they can take off. 
I call the police who tell me there is no proof of fraud and it sounds like 2 separate accounts who seem to have the same name and DOB but that is it. 

So I feel like a complete idiot at this point because of VMs incompetence and still missing out on my set up date and the cashback I signed up through!

I call the fraud team this morning who straight away without even looking at my account say it does NOT sound like fraud and just 2 accounts with same Name and DOB which they have confirmed.  Again a sign of incompetence on VMs part! 

So you put me through a lot of worry, I missed a day at work because 1 I thought delivery was today and 2 I had to sort all this out.

A complaint has already been sent to the CEO office as I feel this needs looking at intensively and although I have now been told they have left a note to say I only owe the £30 and the other account is not me on my file so I can go ahead and call the sales team who can sort out setting me up after I pay the £30 I owe I really do feel like telling you to stick it.  I will lose the cash back offer I signed up with and I cant go back through online as my account is already on hold so it wont work a second time plus its already tracking so not sure calling will keep that tracking going.

Guess my thoughts were right and I am regretting thinking it was a good idea to give VM another whirl

0 Kudos