Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (98 Views)

What on earth is going on in NP20 5 area

Hi,

Can someone from Virgin please let me know what on earth is going on in the NP20 5 Allt-yr-yn area please? The past few weeks we have had constant weekly interruptions to service lasting anywhere from 4-hrs to 12 hours in duration (I have graphs from thinkbroadband BQM to prove this). THis is the latest situation yet the service status on the web reports "

This is completely unacceptable given the pice paid and I'm getting rather fed up of this. I expect one or two outages every now and then due to equipment failure, upgrades or human error but weekly outages of this duration indicate a systemic hardware/software problems or capacity problems. 

Could someone from Virgin please confirm what the high frequency of outages in this area is due to? Some openness and transparency will go along way here..

Thurs June 22nd.png

Regards,

mynameisjonas

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5 (68 Views)

Re: What on earth is going on in NP20 5 area

Hi mynameisjonas, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems you were affected by fault ref F005391151, for some fault equipment in the exchange this has now been restored. Looks like it had caused a great deal of FECS which would have made the broadband and TV services in your area very difficult to use. This looks like it has settled now since the engineers corrected the issue. 

How have things been looking for you over the past few days? 

If you are still having trouble let us know and we will be happy to take a look for you. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5 (44 Views)

When was this fault raised and subsequently fixed please?

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5 (28 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Emma,

Thank's for replying. The period from the 29th June to the 8th July was good - with no outages and the latency largely returned to Normal. Last night however there were multiple outages. I do hope the problem hasn't returned. Are you about to check the cause of last night's issues?

Thanks

Nick 

2017-07-10T00_01+00_00 copy.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5 (15 Views)

Hey Nick,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Everything looks great this evening so I think this issue is very much an intermittent fault.

Have you experienced any further or consistent drops in the service? Do you see any patterns at all?

Catch you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos