Menu
nezbit
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Weeks of random disconnects

Hi,

I've had this problem for weeks and so far have not had a resolution. Hepdesk told me there was some work been carried out in the area and I would receive email updates, that was weeks ago and I still haven't seen any emails or received the refund I was promised at the time. The problem remains and I am desperate for help!

At the moment I am online, these are the current status pages.

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Weeks of random disconnects

Hey nezbit,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Very sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your connection, thanks for providing your stats.

I've just looked from our end and I can see a very high amount of time-outs. I'll need to make arrangements for an engineer to call around to look into this for us.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to confirm an appointment.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey nezbit,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Very sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your connection, thanks for providing your stats.

I've just looked from our end and I can see a very high amount of time-outs. I'll need to make arrangements for an engineer to call around to look into this for us.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to confirm an appointment.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

davybozal53
Dialled in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same problem for over a week now and even though the status page states no known problems it is still intermittent which is very annoying.

0 Kudos
nezbit
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I've had my superhub replaced but still have these problems. TV is playing up now as well, some channels don't work. Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there nezbit,

As discussed in our private message, we will arrange for an engineer to visit to get this sorted for you.

Please let me know if I can help with anything more. Smiley Happy

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
nezbit
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi. It is now June 2017 and this problem is still happening. I've put up with this since July 2016 and still no sign of it being fixed. I refuse to call the support line now as they really can't seem to help with this except send out new hubs and book engineers, they have also promised me refunds for loss of service which never transpired. This is not what I would expect from a leading global company and it thoroughly tarnishes the whole Virgin brand in my opinion.

3 engineer visits 2 new superhubs and nothing has changed except for the shade of my hair.

On top of all this, I have even gone so far to replace all the internal coax in my house with brand new Webpro HD100 coax off my own back (it was expensive stuff and took up one of my weekends to install), purchased a new Meraki firewall (again not cheap) and replaced all the Cat5e patch cables I had with new Cat6 ones. None of this has made any difference at all to the reliability of the internet service or the TV glitches.

There is a splitter with 2 cables coming out from the brown box outside, one to my HDTV box and one to my superhub. I recently tried out a new splitter but I saw no improvement. The TV picture will stutter and freeze regularly and this is much worse at times when the broadband is also disconnecting.

I really don't know where to go from here as I've replaced everything except my provider, so that's next on the list if this isn't sorted out soon.

Just to put things into perspective, I have only ever had internet from one provider since dial up days, Diamond Cable which turned into ntl which turned into Virgin. I have been in my current house since 2001, had Virgin broadband the whole time and, apart from one call out many years ago (similar symptoms as now which turned out to be a problem in the street cabinet), the service has been 100% perfect.

So, I hope you can appreciate why I am so frustrated and annoyed with Virgin at the moment. As I said, I will give you one last chance to resolve this and then I'm off.

Kind Regards

Nezz

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi nezbit, 

Thank you for getting in touch, I am sorry to see that you have continued to have trouble on your connection.

I have taken a look and I can see a high frequency of FECS on your connection. I have passed this to networks to investigate further as this will certainly cause the type of issues you described. 

I will pop you a PM to discuss the issues. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi nezbit, 

Thanks for keeping in touch, I can see a fault has now been raised ref F005368312 for SNR and FECS. The current review date is 26/06/2017

I will keep an eye on this issue and let you know once I know more. 

I will also pop a reply to your PM, keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi nezbit, 

Thanks for getting back in touch via PM, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

I have taken another look and the connection seems to be ok from this side. 

I have spoken to a colleague about this issue as two heads can be better than one and the first thing we would suggest is that if you are unscrewing the the Coaxial cable and then screwing it back in to get things moving then perhaps the issue is with the cable itself, as I know the hub has recently been replaced. Leave the cable alone for now and I will organise another engineer appointment to investigate this if this has not already been checked.

Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

I would like to see a new BQM so we can get a better idea of what you are seeing from your side and it would definitely show any drop outs you are seeing from your side. 

It would also be good to see how the hub stats and power levels look from your side please pop them up for me so I can examine what you are seeing. 

The Hub and network segments look ok from this side so we need to cover every angle. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

0 Kudos
nezbit
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

That's great Emma. I heard there were some problems in Nottingham today and put it down to that.
I'm having to send this from my phone as I've had no internet all evening again.

I have already replaced all my internal cabling to try and resolve this but the situation is the same. It would be great if I could get it checked.

Many thanks
0 Kudos