Menu
Balpasu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Waiting for broadband installation for 6 weeks

Hi There,

I have recently moved to Cambridge from Kent where I was with VM for broadband. On day before I was meant to get the service I was told that there was no cable in my street inspite of VM website confirming availability of broadband, and it will take 6 weeks for laying the cables as VM needs permission from city council. City council have approved VM to dig up the road to lay the cables, but I still get response from VM stating that they are awaiting council approval. It is equally surprising that in a technologically inclined city like Cambridge, VM have not prioritised laying fibre optic cables. What options do I have to speed things up with VM?

Thanks

Balaji

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Waiting for broadband installation for 6 weeks

Hi Balaji, 

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post. I can only apologise that you've had a less than perfect journey since joining so far. Smiley Sad

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

Even though progress may seem slow to you, at this end there would have been multiple plans put in place. We'll need to create a plan for costs and submit this. After this has been approved, we then need to get the relevant permits from local councils. Once these are approved, we may need further permissions such as Way Leave. 

I understand it's frustrating however we're not able to give an exact time frame on when work will be completed. As soon as all permissions are granted, a plan will be put in place and we'll have a better idea. For an update on this, feel free to come back to us or speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Apologies again,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos