Menu
firestorm
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Vivid gamer Traffic management

It is pretty clear that traffic management is being applied to my account, this can be seen in easily in bqm graphs since at least last friday, during the week it obviously kicks in at 4pm until 12pm.

1cad1c04433acd7e37c016b731f6e584-07-03-2017

during the weekend it is active from about 10pm to 12pm...

I upgraded to vivid gamer because there is supposed to be no management on the upload (there is already allegedly no management on the download).....

So can someone explain why this appears to be on my account?

Thanks...

Vivid gaming BB ✔
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid gamer Traffic management

Its Clearly congestion not traffic management
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That hump is appearing on everyones TBB graph, it is ether TBB firebrick servers or a routing problem.

Have you tried a wired speed test during the time the latency hump or tried pinging other sites during this time?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

its not TBB firebrick servers as years ago i added that pingbox to my site Smiley Happy
http://www.ukinternetreport.co.uk/?p=d&id=247 it looks clean over my peering links.

firestorm
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

well it was not congestion as today it started climbing again at exactly 4pm again, but I switched off the cable modem and my router to replace some fans in my router, switched it back on could not connect, used my phone to run their diagnostics (before today it was the usual theres no problem, but today after switching everything back on there was), 15 minutes later it is fixed, and BQM is back to normal....

Vivid gaming BB ✔
0 Kudos