Menu
crystalmark
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 200 Gamer broadband resets every couple of minutes

Installation was two weeks ago and the first week was great, 60Mbps speed test.

Thursday last week the wifi started resetting.  It started with wifi connections dropping to all devices, mac, pc, linux, phones and chromecast.  Tried connecting via ethernet and it would not give me an ip address.  Since I had not received a bill yet, I did not know my account number and could not sign up online so I called the helpline.  The helpline autolady said that there was a known fault and engineers are working on it.  Same message for 3 days. 

Symptoms changed from wifi resetting to wifi staying connected but internet blackout every couple of minutes.  Not fun watching TV when the programme pauses every 120 seconds or so.

Received my account number today so signed up to VM online account and did a service check.  Known fault to be fixed by 3pm.

4pm and the service is still resetting but now no fault on the line.  All agents are busy so no way to contact VM.  Anyone have suggestions?  I'm trying to work from home.  :-/

Thanks

0 Kudos
Farhana
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 200 Gamer broadband resets every couple of minutes

60 Mbps definitely isn't great for Vivid Gamer.

I joined 2 weeks ago and get a constant 220 Mbps.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi crystalmark, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your broadband resetting every couple of minutes. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, how are you connected wired or wireless?

Also, when you notice these issues is there any noticeable changes to the Hubs light sequence?

Do these issues occur even when connected via ethernet cable?

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
crystalmark
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and thanks for checking the logs.  It's much better now than it was a few weeks ago but we loose connection about once-a-week for a few hours.  During these times, the service status does say that there is a problem and an engineer is working on it.  The service does seem much less reliable that my Virgin Media which I had in Edinburgh.  Hoping that it all the local issues will be sorted soon and I can work from home without sometimes having to use my mobile hotspot.

Tim

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi crystalmark,

Thanks for getting back to us!

I'm really sorry for the trouble you've had with this.

I've re-run diagnostics on your equipment and I've picked up an issue with your Upstream Power levels that will need to be adjusted. This is likely contributing to the drop outs you've been experiencing.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh 

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out