Menu
rikkstar
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virginmedia Terrible Terrible Service

So I was sold Virginmedia by a Virgin Salesman called Jak back in January to be installed on February 18th. (Also paying an upfront £15 setup fee).

So it comes to the day of installation and I have had a number of emails texts etc saying everything will be setup between 8-1 I wait in all day.. NOTHING.. I called Virgin @ 1:15 and was told an engineer was on his way and would be with me in 30 mins... I wait until 2:15 and NOTHING.. I then call again and speak to someone who told me that apparently there was an engineer on site at 08:00 in the morning and they looked at the work and decided it couldn't be done (and the person who told me there was an engineer on his way in 30mins was lying)... No one informed me on the day so I waited in all day for nothing.

Now two weeks later I have had no correspondence from Virgin for an update. I can't get in touch with Jak the salesman who sold it to me as he is not answering my calls. This is the worst customer service I have seen. Can anyone recommend to who I can report them as this is completely non-professional. I have heard mention of OFCOM but not sure if that is correct person to go to.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virginmedia Terrible Terrible Service

Hi rikkstar,

I would highly recommend you cal Virgin and cancel your order, as you have not yet been provided with any services you are not bound by contract.

By the sounds of your mail it sounds like you signed up face-to-face or via phone, i would suggest signing up online, go through the ordering process and decide what package you want and then use the live chat page to speak to an agent via the chat window as you will receive a further discount on the prices advertised online.

Example, i am on the Full House TV (Minus Sky Sports), 200MB Broadband & Talk Weekends phone package, it is advertised as £55 per month but after using the live chat i got this for £39 for 12 months on a 12 month contract an £14.99 activation.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi rikkstar,

Welcome to the community.

I am so sorry to read of the experience you are having for the installation of the Virgin Media services.

I would like to look further into this for you and have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can check this over.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dabosaur
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Classic VM. I beg you to choose a different ISP. You won't have a good time.

0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dabosaur wrote:

Classic VM. I beg you to choose a different ISP. You won't have a good time.

that is not the case for everyone

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos