Menu
dazzv1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media super hub 3 green flashing light

Losing my rag with virgin, just one problem after the next lately. Service is down AGAIN I have a green flashing light on my super hub 3 that won't go away, I have no idea what it means other then the fact that my internet is down and there is nothing on virgin site that tells me what this light means. The tests stop at 90% and it tells me to call up. I don't have virgin phone so will cost me to call which I don't think is fair.

Would be nice if virgin could be more open!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media super hub 3 green flashing light

There is a page in the help section that explains what the lights mean, click here.

If you don't want to call, you can use the "Contact Us" part of the help section to report faults via web chat.

Or you can wait for the VM forum staff to pick this up in a few days time.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi dazzv1,

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear that your service has gone down again, I can appreciate that some frustration maybe caused by this so apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I've tested your connection and I can see a number of T3 time outs which explains the drops, in order to resolve this we would need to arrange for an engineer to visit and make investigate this further for you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. It would be great if you could reply to me there and I'll ensure this all gets booked and secured for you.

I also noticed that your area cable has some load issues, especially during the peak times. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in order to combat this. These upgrades will be to improve the bandwidth and performance during the peak times.

The reference number for this is F003525851 and is currently set for review around the beginning of August. Should you wish to bump the thread in the mean time we'll be more than happy to take a look for any updates / progress for you.

I have sent you a separate PM which does not require a reply which outlines your credit options for this.

Best wishes,

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
farleytain
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey, there.  New member of this community.  Been a Virgin customer since last September.

The wifi symbol on my white hub started flashing this afternoon.  No idea why.  No one's been near it.  Called Virgin, an automated response told me that tests would be run and to call back in ten minutes.  Did so.  Spoke to a tech who told me there was no reason for the light to be flashing and I had nothing to worry about.  I said that that was illogical, while there may not be anything to worry about there must be a reason why the light has changed from solid to flashing.  After a while I gave up and terminated the call.  So.  No closer to understanding.

Not rebooted hub in case I lose service.

Running Ookla speed tests; Wireless PC speeds download 9, upload 5, cellphone download 24, upload 11.  Don't have anything wired to test wired speeds.

Any thoughts, Virgin?

0 Kudos
TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mines started doing this since yesterday for no reason apparently firmware bug but no answers from VM
Yeah Mr White.... Science
0 Kudos
dazzv1
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ya, when I got an engineer round he said go into the settings via the web browser http://192.168.0.1 then on the options on the left I forget which one but you want to restore factory settings from there. Pressing the button at the back of the hub doesn't fix this.

This was months ago so I would have hoped they'd have fixed it by now.

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos