Menu
RonW63
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin connection

Have had our streets all round us sorted for virgin cabling within last month. Wondering how long until we can connect. Want to change supplier but don't want long contract if virgin coming soon
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin connection

Hi there RonW63,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I appreciate your query in wanting to join Virgin Media.

You can register your interest on our website here > Cable My Street. They will then keep you updated with any developments within your area.

Hope this helps.

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RonW63
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply but you've missed the point. I already have registered my interest. I'm trying to gauge the delay. I don't want to be tied in contract with another supplier if the wait for virgin is likely to be short.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

RonW63 wrote:
Thanks for reply but you've missed the point. I already have registered my interest. I'm trying to gauge the delay. I don't want to be tied in contract with another supplier if the wait for virgin is likely to be short.

Most contracts will roll on from their minimum period on a monthly basis (Virgin's do). While your present provider may have cheaper offers in return for a new contract, there should be nothing forcing you to change to one when your minimum period is up.

The street works are just the first stage of VM being installed. If you are in a completely new area it may take several months for all the hardware to be installed & tested in the street cabs & at the area headend.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos