Menu
KyleFromKent
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin are charging me for no services.

So from the beginning, I signed up to Virgin media on 25th January for the internet package only. I received the box and set up I formation with no issues at all, setting it up was where it all went down hill.
My box wouldn't connect for reasons unknown to me, so I booked an engineer. One week later an engineer fails to install the box (not his fault) and tells us we don't have the correct cables running through our new property, so he will have to book a repull and install for 18th February 2017. Angry at having the long waiting period I decide to complain about the delay, I am told by a rude customer services representative that I will "just have to stop being impatient and wait". I was angry with this, made a complaint over the 2 things that had now seemed unacceptable to me.

After speaking to a more helpful member of customer services, I decide to wait it out and give Virgin a second chance. My repull and install was due yesterday 18th February 2017 between 1-6pm. At 6pm no one had shown up to do anything yet, so I call up Virgin again. This time I am told "sorry sir, the engineer actually arrived at 11:15 when you were out, we'll have to rebook for the 10th March". At this point I'm going red in the face with frustration and confusion, how can you just turn up earlier than the stated time and expect me to be there?

So yesterday I spoke to a manager of the department and am told I have to stick with the 10th March booking, but will be put onto a priority instillation list. The manager did, however, acknowledge that I wasn't being unreasonable and that 2 months left with no internet was unacceptable.

So I have 3 issues, firstly, if the technician was arriving earlier why was I not informed?
Secondly, why did no one leave a note/text/call to let me know they had attempted a visit? I was left to wait indoors all day for something that would never arrive.
Thirdly, it was your fault virgin that the engineer arrived earlier than you had specified to me, so surely I should now be set up and running as a matter of urgency (with a specified date to boot) and not told "sorry, our bad, but you'll have to wait a further 3 weeks now".

I have never been a moany/angry customer in my life, but I cannot fathom how you can get away with customer service like this in 2017.
0 Kudos
KyleFromKent
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin are charging me for no services.

It's now well past the time I was promised a managers call back and I've received nothing.... Further to this I've been told they've moved the date back a further two days.

I'm done.

I've cancelled all Virgin Media services and I've set up a contract with Sky... who are installing in 4 days time. I deeply regret joining Virgin in the first place, I truly hope other people have better luck with them than I did.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin are charging me for no services.

Hey KyleFromKent,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Very Happy

I'm really sorry for not picking this up sooner, if I had I might have bee able to move this along quicker.

My sincere apologies for the saga of your install, if there's absolutely anything I can help with, please just ask.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos