Menu
fwanthy
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin and Skype

I'm unable to get any vision of myself on Skype, but only the little wheel spinning away on a blackened screen. The recipients, too, cannot see me though they can hear me -- I can both see and hear them all right. I'm told by a computer buff that the problem is a weak waveband facility from Virgin, though I'm paying for the best. Any advice would be much appreciated -- I've spent hours trying to fix it.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin and Skype

What device are you using to skype and is it using a wired or wireless connection.

Judging by your comment I'd guess wireless, but best to ask to be sure.

1st need to determine if its an internet issue or a wifi issue.

0 Kudos
fwanthy
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin and Skype

It's a Wi-Fi connection. I've exhausted every idea -- downloaded the latest Skype and been through every imaginable function without resolving the problem.. Virgin Media tell me that there's nothing wrong with the connection. My PC in another room works perfectly well -- I've taken my Lenovo laptop into that room, hard-wired it to the Virgin box, without this making any difference..Thanks for your interest -- any other suggestion would be much appreciated. I've been using Skype for years and been able until now to right any problem that occurred.

0 Kudos