Menu
JibberJabber
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media services to new development - just who are the "National Home Builders Team"

So we are due to move in to our new property on 21st April 2017 which is on a new development. The developer (DWH) have assured us that that Virgin will be available in the property and the house has all the required wiring. Apparently it is simply a case of Virgin completing the connection. So two weeks ago I contacted Virgin customer services to start the ball rolling with moving the services. Of course they did not know anything about the new address, but said they'd pass on my details to the "National Home Builders Team" who would be in touch. Two weeks on and I have heard nothing so I contacted customers service again (via web chat so I have the transcript). I was told that my details had been past on but "the request was sent for you to be contacted and for the transfer of services to be arranged. You may be receiving the response months form now or even a year, there's no definite time for that" - with my move only four weeks away this is not what I wanted to here. I pressed for contact details for the "National Home Builders Team", which for anyone reading are - nationalhomebuilders@virginmedia.co.uk 08000737100 I have emailed them and got an auto-response indicating they would reply within 5 working days, so we'll see. I have also taken it up with the developer to get an update from them. I know some of the people that have already moved in to the development, and that Virgin was not available to them, so they have had to go with an alternative provider. I do not want to do this as I ave used Virgin/cable for nearly 20 years and I do not want to revert to ADSL/BT. So my question is this - who do I need to speak to at Virgin to get the connection to the development and my property completed? There are nearly 200 houses on the development, so surely it makes sense for Virgin to put the connections in, especially as their nearest "box" is only a 100 or so metres down the road. I have everything crossed, but reading the experience of other posters "hope" is not something I have much of....
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media services to new development - just who are the "National Home Builders Team"

Hi JibberJabber, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

When we are installing cables at properties, it can be a long process. The cabling work may be done rather quickly however all the things that need to be done behind the scenes before we can install customers can be quite lengthily. 

There isn't anything we can do to speed things up. Everything will be going via a plan that has been put in place. I'm sorry that it means we won't be able to install you by the time you move Smiley Sad

We can of course keep you updated on how the works are going though. Just pop back for an update. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos