Menu
Djandy2001
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media coming to a new area

Just noticed my street has had spray markings with cabinet numbers and also roadworks.org showing Virgin Media are going to be installing new cabling and cabinets from 31-May for 6 weeks. I'm looking to find out from any members on here there experience with time scales of when I could get installation from when the work has finished.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media coming to a new area

It is simply not possible to say. The installation of cabinets and local cabling is a necessary but not sufficient condition for the provision of cable services. Lots of other hidden infrastructure work is necessary to connect to the main network. It is entire understandable that you want to know about when services will be available. When they are VM will indulge in a massive leaflet drop telling you. But that is the best we can say.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Djandy2001
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for you feedback, Ive come to the end of my BT Infinity 12 month contract and to continue the service at a good price I need to agree to another 12 month contract otherwise the price doubles so I'm just trying to work out time scales and costs
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Of course you are. If we could be more definite we would be but VM play this kind of stuff very close to their chests for good commercial reasons.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos