Menu
mrwazzag
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media = Terrible Customer Service

So I called VM yesterday (Thursday) lunchtime to report a full with my broadband - no internet at all (I work from home so broadband is essential). Went through all the checks - no connection detected. Strangely I saw workmen in the road at the time the internet went down and they were routing new Virgin cable, spoke to them and they were insistent that my issue was nothing they had done...

The "support" person I was dealing with said it was probably a networking issue and would raise it and get back to me.

Today (Friday) - I call VM again, they checked my account and nothing has been done. No engineer scheduled, no fix, nothing. They say the earliest an Engineer can visit is Monday morning but they'll see if they can get anyone out to me today. He promised he'll call me back "within the hour" with an update. It's now been 3 hours, no call (as usual) and after logging into the VM website I see that they've arranged an engineer for Tuesday. I'm out of the country from Tuesday til Saturday... 

What a way to treat your customers...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media = Terrible Customer Service

Hi mrwazzag,

I am truly sorry for your poor introduction to our services, what a shame.

I've not been able to track your account information from here so am unable to check up on anything. I'm hoping that the engineer turned up and sorted everything out.

If you find yourself still without any working services please post an update on here (when you return from abroad) and we'll see what we can do to help.

Kind wishes,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
mrwazzag
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I finally had an engineer turn up after 4 days of no broadband (which is a huge problem when your office is home) who was excellent. Although my cable had no traces of signal (he thinks a pulling team must have severed some how) he found an old cable cut at the bottom of my drive which he got working. A new cable pull through was also requested.

I'll be asking VM for some credit at least.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There is no agreed service level for domestic broadband. If you rely on it for your work, you should consider paying the extra for a business line. Many, including me in the past, have used home broadband for work but the cost saving comes with a risk. Another option is to have another source of internet access such as 4G data, an ADSL line, a nearby coffee shop providing free internet, or best of all a nearby friend or relative who will let you use their connection.

You should get credit for the outage period but I doubt anyone on this forum will be able to speed things up. It can take the VM forum team about a week to get to your post, and even then they may only be able to update you on status.
0 Kudos