Menu
ellsbells1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Installation Complaints

Posting here as it seems to be impossible to get through to anyone on the phone or via chat ("agents are busy, try again later"):

Had Virgin phone, broadband and TV installed on Thursday. Engineer left me with an intermittent broadband service and phone connection (both had been fine through Sky). Told me they would rectify and assured me that if there was an issue with the phone line, I wouldn't need to be home to have it fixed. Wrong. Phone line still losing connection and Virgin phone support says I need to be home to have a repair run. Cannot use the phone line at all.

Engineer also used my existing Sky power and connection cables instead of supplying new cables for the 2x Tivo boxes and has subsequently rendered my old Sky boxes useless while a) I'm still in contract with Sky, and b) I want to utilise the Freeview capabilities when the contract ends.

I'm absolutely furious and so frustrated that it seems to be impossible to speak to someone on the phone about this. Wishing I hadn't switched right now.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Installation Complaints

what worked with Sky is meaningless VM is completely different they dont use any of the BT/Sky infastructure - start with a call to retentions - they should get some of the things sorted or maybe book a tech to sort out cable that you should have been given

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@ellsbells1

Welcome to the Forum.

Quite frankly if this had happened to me I would be livid.  No installation technician worth his salt should leave you with an intermittent connection without good reason.  Nor should they use existing cables from another supplier to connect your boxes and they should definitely be providing you with power adapters for your TiVO, my understanding is that although both sky and Virgin Cable's are coaxial, the construction of the outer sheath differs in the Virgin cables.

I echo @-tony-'s suggestion with ringin retentions, although I do get the impression that even this aspect is now moving offshore Smiley Sad.

@ModTeam Can you ask one of the Forum Team to take a look?

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

ellsbells1
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for your and @-tony- 's responses.

I finally got through to a human being who confirmed issues with both the broadband and the phone line (sigh). Broadband was repaired remotely but I now have to find time to be at home for a 4-hour window for an engineer to attend to establish the phone line fault (line was fully functional before Virgin engineer touched it). Virgin are also positing out replacement Tivo box cables (which will take 3-5 days to arrive and require someone to be at home to receive delivery of). The Tivo boxes I have are definitely operational with the Sky connection and power cables so it's odd to hear they shouldn't be.

Very frustrated but what can I do? At least relieved that something is being done but it all continues to be very much at my inconvenience - very poor!

Ellie

0 Kudos
ellsbells1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response. You'll see in my reply to ravenstar68 that I finally got through to someone, although the resolutions are in progress...

As well as it being near impossible to work your way through the automated system to reach a human being (even when you call the specific complaints line it kicks you into the same automated process), I couldn't use the landline as it's dead, and I was struggling with my mobile as I live in a basement flat which doesn't have great mobile signal so I rely on wifi calling (which clearly kept cutting out every time the broadband fell over)!

Should not have let that engineer leave my property.

0 Kudos