Menu
fleadavid
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Cancelled because Neighbour wouldn't give them access to pit in street

I can't get Virgin now because the access pit needed to run my cable is in a neighbours garden who won't let Virgin access it. Manager came down to ask her, she still refused so I've been told they are at a stalemate and I will just have to cancel my order and go with Sky.

The person next door to me has Virgin, however they were setup before this other neighbour moved in. Also this next door neighbour is a bit weird and is nasty to anyone who speaks to her, so didn't let the Virgin engineer attach my line to hers.

Is there really nothing Virgin can do, or will no one in my street be able to get Virgin now because of this neighbour refusing access to the pit? I really don't want to go with a phoneline ISP

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Cancelled because Neighbour wouldn't give them access to pit in street

Hi fleadavid

Thanks for joining us on the forums and for getting in touch about the pit access.

I really am sorry but if your neighbour is denying access then our hands are tied here as we need Wayleave permission from the property owner to access this and if we do not have this, then we cannot complete the work needed to get the service installed for you.

I understand this is frustrating and appreciate this is difficult for you given that they are your neighbours. Our area managers did go out to speak to them to see if they could gain agreement to do the work but they declined.

On top of that it appears they have grassed over the pit access so further hampering the work we would have to do if they did allow us to access this.

My apologies but they are within their rights to refuse access in this instance.

Please let us know if we can support you in any further way.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
fleadavid
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Cancelled because Neighbour wouldn't give them access to pit in street

Thanks for your reply,

Does this mean you are no longer able to supply this area anymore? There's no option to create a new access area so you can get new customers in this area?

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

honstly get the cops in this if provider can't get into the pits becuse of a nasty next door neighbour there is a way to get around this i would let the provider install and get someone to keep the next door neighbour busy and people can't put grass over the pits of virgin media or wait untill she goes on holiday this can be a good way to get vm installed i can of done this to upstairs flat but i did not if he was a a###h#le i would of not let him have anything installed but he been on my good books untill he put my water bill to £95 for 3 months of water i used to spead around £65 he did not give me any money for the water bill then his music was very high at after 9pm in rented place from a housing basely it was noise level and i did talk to him but he never takes notice from me so i got the landlord in then he takes notice i think you have to get the landlord in your side then she have to

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi David.

I know that if there was an alternative resolution that the area managers could have supplied for you with regards to this then they would have discussed this with you after they had spoken to your neighbour.

It may well be that currently there is no budget for us to relocate the pit that the neighbour is denying access to, although given that the area managers now know that they are unable to get access via this pit, they will be aware that this is something we should be looking to find a resolution for.

I am sorry that this is not something we can complete as a request for you Smiley Sad

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos