Menu
Cecilef
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very long wait for broadband install

Hi,

I am experiencing a really bad time with Virgin media right now. It has been 2 months now that I am waiting for my install to be done. It has been delayed 3 times:
- first time: some guy at virgin entered a wrong address for my account so my install was postponed 10 days later,
- second time: apparently cables needed to be dug up to be fixed, that added 14 days to the wait,
- third time: same issue, but this time I have a waiting time of 6-8weeks without any more information.

Every time my install was delayed, I was called the day before at 6-7pm, at the last minute. I am really upset and expect a really good explanation from you guys about this issue.

I need to work from home part time, and it is not right to let people like that without information (and at least one commercial gesture proving your good faith, yeah £5 off the bill doesn't really show your good faith).

If someone can clear this mess that will be really appreciated.

Cécile

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very long wait for broadband install

If there needs to be digging done to replace a cable then your stuck with the waiting time of your local council to get planning permission to do said work. 

I have been there myself when Lewisham council took 4 weeks to grant permission for my cable to be replace after it was cut trying to repull a new cable 3 years ago.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cecilef,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble getting installed, not exactly a great start!

As Tidus has said, the 4 - 6 week waiting period is usually down to local councils granting us permission to carry out the work we need to do. Once that's been done, our install team will give you a call to arrange the actual install.

I'm following a similar case with another customer so I'm quite familiar with the process. I understand how frustrating it can be to just wait and not hearing any thing so I'll keep you up to date with any changes that are made on this end.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Cecilef
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Josh !

I look forward to hearing from you then. Still no news from Virgin Media, almost a month now...

Speak to you soon

0 Kudos