I am a new customer to Virgin Media and signed up to Vivid 100 for my new flat. The previous tenant had Virgin installed but the cable had since been damaged. I booked in for an install engineer to visit between 1pm - 6pm on Saturday (today). I do not currently live in this flat so have to organise to visit there specifically when I need to wait for engineers etc.
I was then put in contact from someone from Virgin who said that the install couldn't go ahead until he'd organised for the Heights Team to come round to try and install a cable, as the flat is on the top floor. This was organised for Friday morning (yesterday). I took a half day off work and after waiting all morning, no sign of them. Turns out they could no longer come but no one bothered to let me know until I chased them. Their visit was re-scheduled for today, before 1pm so that the broadband could then be installed as previously booked.
It's now midday on Saturday and after going on live chat to try and find out what was going on, I was told to call you pre-install team. After 50 mins on hold, I got through to someone, I think in India. They told me that the broadband install had been put on hold, and that I had to wait for the Heights Team to call me. They said they would give me one hour prior warning before they turn up, but they could essentially turn up any point either today, tomorrow, next week etc.
I have now wasted a whole morning, and potentially a whole day (depending on when/if I get a call) and further days if they don't turn up today waiting for Virgin. As a new customer, I really expected better and I am really disappointed, frustrated and angry.` At every point, I have had to chase Virgin to find out what is going on. Plans have been changed and no one has let me know. I don't even know if the Heights Team will successfully be able to run the cable into my flat, so this whole thing is just proving a massive waste of time. I suggest you concentrate on improving on your appalling service and false promises. I for one will be cancelling my contract if things don't get sorted out this weekend.