Menu
SLincoln
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Very Poor Start With Virgin Media

I signed up for broadband on phone through one of your partners (Neptis) on 17 February. I told the handler I'd be moving into my new property on 6 March and he agreed that if I could send my details through that day, he could get someone out in the first week I move in. Despite this, I received an e-mail from yourselves with an installation date of 26 February. Obviously this is useless to me, so I called up the same day (0800 9522298) to get this changed. It's now been changed for 7 March which is fine.

I also asked the call handler where my contract was going to be sent to, because the e-mail said it would be posted to me soon. She told me you didn't have an address registered for me yet. Not sure how you intended to post it to me if that was true. I gave my current address, but then asked if she could send it by e-mail anyway. She said that would be fine.

By yesterday I hadn't received an e-mail so I spoke to your online chat service. The installation date had been correctly updated, but the contract had been sent by post to the new address on 18 February. So the call handler completely had ignored what I'd said. I was told I would have to speak to the pre-installation team.

I've just called them and, after waiting on hold for ages, they weren't able to locate my account, even though I'm using the account number you've given me and the other team were able to locate my account on Friday. I'm baffled that there can be so many errors before I've even seen the contract. He transferred me to the customer service team to get this looked into. They located my account but then couldn't send it by e-mail, and transferred me to another team to see if they could.

I was then told it couldn't be sent by e-mail, and it also couldn't be re-sent by post to another address. It's put quite a sour taste in my mouth that either I've been lied to or simply some members of staff don't know how their processes work.

I'm now in a situation where I won't be able to read my contract until the day before installation. And this is dependent upon whether the current occupants don't bin the letter as soon as they receive it because it's not addressed to them. I've been told that I have 14 days from installation to decide whether to cancel or not, and that no admin fees will apply if I choose to do so. So at least I have that option. But this is a very poor start with Virgin Media. It seems like some of your staff need more training and your systems need changing.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very Poor Start With Virgin Media

Hi SLincoln,

I am honestly very sorry that you've had a poor experience when joining us. Communication is key and I shall be feeding this back for you.
I'm glad that you've found your way to our Forum and would like to extend a warm welcome Smiley Happy 
Given your situation, should you wish to cancel, your post on here could be used when pleading your case. I hope though that this won't be needed and would like you to let us know if anything else goes awry so that we can help. We don't offer speedy response time on here but shall try to reach you more quickly should our support be needed.
I hope the installation goes ahead as planned and look forward to seeing your update on this thread.

Warm wishes Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
SLincoln
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response Jen.

However, I'm now even more confused. I've just received an e-mail with an e-contract for me to sign. This raises further questions considering I was told it couldn't be e-mailed and that it's already been sent by post.

The contract also says I have 14 working days from after I place the order to cancel (if needs be), which doesn't seem to tie in from what I was told over the phone - that I'd have 14 days from installation. Can you confirm if this is the same thing? I'm really baffled by the inconsistent information and the strange order of information being sent to me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi SLincoln,

I shall have to enquire about this with someone with customer service experience. 

I'll find out what I can and get back to you if that's OK?

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi SLincoln,

My colleague provided this link which explains all you need to know.

Please note this paragraph:

M. Ending this agreement

1. If you have ordered the services online, by telephone or from an agent attending at your home you have a statutory right to cancel an order for the services within 14 days (the cooling off period) from the latest of (i) the day after the delivery of the equipment (ii) the service start date, and (iii) the day on which you received a copy of these terms and conditions in printed or PDF format.

So for you, that would mean your 14 days cooling off period would begin immediately following installation of the services.

Hope that helps clarify things Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
jackpslab
Settling in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was then told it couldn't be sent by e-mail, and it also couldn't be re-sent by post to another address. It's put quite a sour taste in my mouth that either I've been lied to or simply some members of staff don't know how their processes work at https://iplaystoredownload.org/ and https://king-rootapk.org/.

0 Kudos