Menu
pipcarodan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VOIP and Superhub Help Needed Please!!!

Hi everyone

I am trying to connect a VOIP phone to my wifi with little success and I need help. The phone detects the Wifi from my superhub but the hub does not issue it with an IP address when the phone tries to connect. It says its trying to get an IP from the DHCP server and after 60 seconds it tells me it has failed. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: VOIP and Superhub Help Needed Please!!!

hiya @pipcarodan what hub do you have e.g. model, and could you also supply the make/model of voip phone
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
pipcarodan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi paultechy

Thanks for offering to help. I have the Superhub 2ac with software version V1.01.11 and hardware version 1.03

My VOIP phone is the SAFECOM SWSIP-1000

I have managed to setup an old Netgear router and the moment I switch the phone on, it gets an IP from that. Its just this superhub that refuses to play.

Any help you can offer would be gratefully received.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hiya @pipcarodan you might need to change the wireless security settings to do this going to http://192.168.0.1 logging in with username admin password changeme and click wireless settings and put dot into wpa-tkip or aes what ever option it has apply/save and see if the phone can then connect
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
pipcarodan
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi again.

I have got one step closer!!! If i set my wifi as open (no password) then the phone connects and works perfectly!! The moment i activate my password again then the phone disconnects! I can log into the settings page for the phone but there is no where I can set the wifi password!! 

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

never advisable to unsecure a wifi network, i would be trying all wifi security types, best trying the via guest network in the advanced settings
0 Kudos