Menu
deanchapman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

VM Superhub 3 Very buggy, not ready for GA release - Why did nobody test this firmware

If you're happy to just un-box the SH3 and just run with defaults, then maybe it's OK.

BUT, if you want to configure anything like IP reservations, MAC filtering, device renames, etc etc, then forget it. VM have managed to launch a monumentally bad piece of firmware on this kit. I have seen an update that improved some of the speed issues... but trust me, almost everything you try.. even slightly advanced... just gives rise to some inconsistency.  Normally ending up having to perform a factory reset and start all over again.

VM, you really should do better.... especially when you charged me for this upgrade!!!  -  You need to seriously question the quality of the code testing before releasing this onto your Customers.  It just further reinforces the idea that you don't care about us as long as we keep paying the money!!

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Superhub 3 Very buggy, not ready for GA release - Why did nobody test this firmware

Superhub 3 firmware is the beta atm it has not got the newer one just yet they are releasing in area by area only virgin media updates the firmware if you been with virgin media before they are slower to release updates

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
deanchapman
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Superhub 3 Very buggy, not ready for GA release - Why did nobody test this firmware

Thanks David, useful info but it doesn't explain why VM think it is acceptable to roll out beta firmware to their unsuspecting customer base and also charge them for the privilege.
Who on earth would be mad enough to pay for the privilege of beta testing someone's firmware.... Apparently I am!!
I
0 Kudos