Menu
g6ypk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

VIRGIN NOISE ACROSS MY RADIO SPECTRUM HELP

noise from virgin media wipe out my radio from 600Kc to 50MHznoise from virgin media wipe out my radio from 600Kc to 50MHz

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIRGIN NOISE ACROSS MY RADIO SPECTRUM HELP

VM broadband upstream operates from 5Mhz to 85Mhz (upgraded from 50Mhz) through tri shielded coax cables, so you should not be picking up anything from VM unless there is a fault in the cabling allowing noise injection. VM tend not to use the lower frequencies near 5Hhz as they can be quite noisy.

Anything below 5Mhz would probably not be from VM.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I suspect Tony will give you some QRM himself for defending VM with that reply?   Smiley Wink

.....so I'm QSYing and sitting on the side.....

73's & 88's....      Smiley Wink

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
g6ypk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Griffin. Your reply reminds my of those that were never in the sights of the Luftwaffe during the London Blitz.

The Spectrum you had seen previously was taken from the coaxial line from virgin media. So, what does this tell you?

It tells you that Virgin has one week to resolve this problem or I will start to think about cutting the noise at source, then everyone one will suffer.

Virgin Media. Don't ever think of me as an uneducated monkey!

Even if I moved my custom  to some other service, the noise will still be there because of the six bungalows in my block 5 are with virgin which means

the broadband noise will still be drowning out any and all my pleasure. I wish to listen to 160m through 60m. It is my right to have peace on these bands.

How would Virgin Bosses like me to interfere with 'their' personal mobile telephone communications? Yes, I thought so.

Take me to court, by all means. I shall plead "NOT GUILTY." Why? This will give me the chance to air MY voice against the bureaucratic insolence that VIRGIN MEDIA throw at a customer. I want the WORLD to know how I am being ignored. 

The cost of my prosecution will be will be nothing to the loss customers and revenue to Virgin, let alone the nasty aftertaste in Virgin's mouth.

What is the cost of a common-mode-choke on feeder to our properties who cannot enjoy the BBC and other radio services? Let alone the problems cause to my heart pacemaker that goes out of sync when I come near the cable. I have been hospitalised, only to find it was the noise and harmonics from the coaxial line that could have caused my death. I have a small bungalow and cannot stand near one part of the room! Thanks a lot Virgin Media.

Perhaps I should shove 100 Watts RF at 160m up your coax and see how you like to be bothered. Perhaps that might hasten a resolution to my problem?

I'll build the choke for Virgin, okay? You just open the box and I'll fit the choke if you're that worried about it. **bleep**? Too right I am.

By the way. My Broadband speed seems to have been much reduces, not enhanced.

The ignorance of the masses is extraordinary.

0 Kudos
g6ypk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

'Griffin'. Your reply reminds my of those that were never in the sights of the Luftwaffe during the London Blitz.

The Spectrum you had seen previously was taken from the coaxial line from virgin media. So, what does this tell you?

It tells you that Virgin has one week to resolve this problem or I will start to think about cutting the noise at source, then everyone one will suffer.

Virgin Media. Don't ever think of me as an uneducated monkey!

Even if I moved my custom  to some other service, the noise will still be there because of the six bungalows in my block 5 are with virgin which means

the broadband noise will still be drowning out any and all my pleasure. I wish to listen to 160m through 60m. It is my right to have peace on these bands.

How would Virgin Bosses like me to interfere with 'their' personal mobile telephone communications? Yes, I thought so.

Take me to court, by all means. I shall plead "NOT GUILTY." Why? This will give me the chance to air MY voice against the bureaucratic insolence that VIRGIN MEDIA throw at a customer. I want the WORLD to know how I am being ignored. 

The cost of my prosecution will be will be nothing to the loss customers and revenue to Virgin, let alone the nasty aftertaste in Virgin's mouth.

What is the cost of a common-mode-choke on feeder to our properties who cannot enjoy the BBC and other radio services? Let alone the problems cause to my heart pacemaker that goes out of sync when I come near the cable. I have been hospitalised, only to find it was the noise and harmonics from the coaxial line that could have caused my death. I have a small bungalow and cannot stand near one part of the room! Thanks a lot Virgin Media.

Perhaps I should shove 100 Watts RF at 160m up your coax and see how you like to be bothered. Perhaps that might hasten a resolution to my problem?

I'll build the choke for Virgin, okay? You just open the box and I'll fit the choke if you're that worried about it. **bleep**? Too right I am.

By the way. My Broadband speed seems to have been much reduces, not enhanced.

The ignorance of the masses is extraordinary.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Wow, that is some aerial installation you have access to ... I am very envious.

Dave G4SYT

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Two questions.

1. Has april 1st come early this year.

2. Did he just mark his own post as a helpful answer?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

cybmole wrote:

Two questions.

1. It would seem so. 

2. Yes he did and as far as i know also brakes the forum rules in doing so as the answer is not helpful. 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Tidus wrote:

cybmole wrote:

Two questions.

1. It would seem so. 

2. Yes he did and as far as i know also brakes the forum rules in doing so as the answer is not helpful. 

Slowing down the forum rules is not an offence ... breaking them may be.     Smiley LOL

I'll take off my pedant's cloak now.     Smiley Happy

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
g6ypk
Tuning in
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Griffin. You know nothing of the noise I have. I have had Western Power check their system for noise, using real, competent engineers. too.

Clear, clean and green; until that is they walked by the Virgin coax cable that is just 75mm below ground.

BT came out to check their system. Clear, clean and green; until they had a walk around the Virgin cable.

The noise is off the scale. What have Virgin done about this? Naff -all ,that's what!

Now, Griffin, tell me your technical; qualifications, then I will post mine (photo-copies of my technical qualification). My suggestion is this....

Don't write about what you know nothing about and are even less competent.

0 Kudos