Menu
Jambofell
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 and TiVo on the same tv??

I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this but I can't find a question or an answer... so...

I've just upgraded to a V6 (it's arriving on Wednesday)... we have quite a lot to watch on our current TiVo (I didn't realised how much...) can you have a TiVo and a v6 connected to the same tv / router? It would only be why I watch the remaining
recorderded stuff on my TiVo box?

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 and TiVo on the same tv??

I have that... although you don't need to as you cans stream all the stuff from the tivo and watch it on the V6

Only 1 tv in the house so no where else to really put the tivo, however apart from when it was 1st setup.. and once to try and compare picture quality, I haven't really watched the tivo directly.

However the main problem is with the remotes. If you use IR it will control both boxes at the same time, unless you put something infront of the IR reciever on the box. Once the V6 remote has been paired then it will only use RF so wont effect the old box.

HOWEVER you need to make sure they know you're keeping the tivo for a while and you effectively have to pay to go multi room for a bit even though its the same room.

0 Kudos
EightBall
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unless you're adding the V6 as an additional box, your old TiVo will probably be uplifted from your premises.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jambofell, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy

When you opt to upgrade to the V6 box, if you are having the box as an upgrade from your Tivo® then as soon as the V6 is activated, the TiVo® won't work. This will render all your recordings lost too. 

If you've added the V6 box to your subscription instead then the TiVo® will continue working as normal in another room to the V6. 

I hope this helps to explain things. Let us know how things go with the V6 install Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos