Menu
johnvmc
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box Pixelation

I have two new V6 boxes - having replaced the slow Tivo HD. Both suffer from annoying regular pixelation. This usually lasts for a second or two but is much too regular to be acceptable and suggests some kind of fault. The issue is most noticeable while watching sports channels and I estimate the pixelation ranges from under 5% to as much as 20%. Before I resort to the inevitable bother of reporting this and likely having to have an engineer visit, I wondered whether anyone else had experienced this and, if so, what the solution is. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Box Pixelation

This will more than likely be a signal level problem that can only be resolved by an engineer visit.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This will more than likely be a signal level problem that can only be resolved by an engineer visit.

0 Kudos
johnvmc
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, thought as much!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi johnvmc,

Thanks for posting!

I've located your account and I can see you still haven't had a technician out to fix this for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of the screen) so I can arrange an appointment for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

johnvmc
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I'll wait for a few days!

0 Kudos
Coppola83
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Only been with Virgin ( have two V6 boxes) for just over a week. Pixelation issues on most HD chanels and some normal channels.
Been waiting on hold for 1 1/2 hours with no result. Just hung up as not getting anywhere. Not a happy customer so far. Need this resolving any ideas???
0 Kudos
Coppola83
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just joined Virgin media 1 week ago. Experiencing issues with both my V6 boxes really badly pixelating, especially on HD chanels.
Just tried to call Virgin for help, been on the phone holding for 1 1/2 hours, finally hung up as cant hold forever. Any ideas???
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Coppola83,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry you've been experiencing problems so soon after joining us.

I can see that you have a technician booked now so please let us know how it goes or if you need any further help.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Coppola83
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.
Hopefully the issue will get resolved soon.
Regards
0 Kudos