Menu
pearlyking
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Using someone else's superhub??

My superhub died and earliest engineer appointment is January 3rd! My daughter is a virgin customer and staying over Christmas, can she bring her superhub and we just plug it in at my house??
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Using someone else's superhub??

Every time you start a TV box or hub up, Virgins systems can detect which street level node they are connected too. If this does not match what is on the account of that customer the hub or box is disabled as an anti-fraud measure (Your contract only allows you to use the kit at the registered address.). Nodes cover around 500-2000 people, so you are taking a chance moving kit somewhere else.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The hubs are tied to your account by mac address, if she lives very close to you it might work but no guarantees,  any distance away and it simply won't go on line

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Every time you start a TV box or hub up, Virgins systems can detect which street level node they are connected too. If this does not match what is on the account of that customer the hub or box is disabled as an anti-fraud measure (Your contract only allows you to use the kit at the registered address.). Nodes cover around 500-2000 people, so you are taking a chance moving kit somewhere else.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

pearlyking
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I didn't think it could be that simple. 😡
0 Kudos
davidhamilton
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator