Menu
venger
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded to Vivid 100 optical fibre

Hi,

VM called me this week and offered a £3.00 reduction in my monthly bill, a speed upgrade to Vivid 100mb and a 'free' Tivo box for 12 months.

I have to say the call was a little confusing as I was trying to say I don't take tv from VM and then they explained it was an offer they were doing etc. however I couldn't work out from the info given whether I need a new super hub, I currently have a SH 2ac installed about a year ago, will this work ok with Vivid 100mb ?

This upgrade has also prompted me to clarify something I've been meaning to ask for ages...when I received the SH2 last year, I took off the 10db forward attenuator that was on the old modem...was this the correct thing to do ?

Many thanks for your time.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded to Vivid 100 optical fibre

venger wrote:
Hi,

VM called me this week and offered a £3.00 reduction in my monthly bill, a speed upgrade to Vivid 100mb and a 'free' Tivo box for 12 months.

I have to say the call was a little confusing as I was trying to say I don't take tv from VM and then they explained it was an offer they were doing etc. however I couldn't work out from the info given whether I need a new super hub, I currently have a SH 2ac installed about a year ago, will this work ok with Vivid 100mb ?
Yes its fine for 100mb

This upgrade has also prompted me to clarify something I've been meaning to ask for ages...when I received the SH2 last year, I took off the 10db forward attenuator that was on the old modem...was this the correct thing to do ?
As long as its working, yes.

Many thanks for your time.

venger
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded to Vivid 100 optical fibre

Many thanks Kippies for the fast response, much appreciated 😊
0 Kudos