Menu
byehotdogbun
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade to VIVID 100 from Superfibre 70 - new cable?

Hi, I am thinking of upgrading to the VIVID 100 or 200 broadband (we currently have the superfibre 70) and the online order page is asking if I want to self-install or have an engineer visit for £40?

Can you tell me what the engineer will do? If he is just going to plug in a new hub (we currently have the VMDG480, so assume I will need a new hub?) I can do this myself. If it will involve laying new cable or wiring, I guess I will need the engineer.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade to VIVID 100 from Superfibre 70 - new cable?

Hi byehotdogbun,

The engineer will attend with the new SuperHub 3.0 and just replace your existing router with it, the cables will remain the same though and changes required in the background will be done behind the scenes at VM.

Hope this helps, thanks.

0 Kudos
byehotdogbun
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Very helpful, thanks

0 Kudos
cantabrigian
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Just looking for a clarification. I assume that Superfibre 70 is being phased out and that everyone on 70 will eventually be upgraded for free to 100Mps?  I'm on Superfibre 70 and the upgrade available to me is Vivid 200.  So I assume this means I can't upgrade to Vivid 100 because that is what I will be moved over to.  Have I got this right?

0 Kudos
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cantabrigian,

I am not 100% sure on this but i believe that if you were on the 50mb package you will be moved to the 100mb package and if your on the 70mb package you will be moved to the 200mb package.

You dont have to accept the automatic upgrade to 200 though you can call up and ask just to be moved to the 100mb which i'd imagine is slightly cheaper, it also depends on the model of router/modem you have as to weather it is capable of the upgrade or if you need a new on.

Would be best to call Virgin to discuss further though.

0 Kudos